I am teaching high school Chemistry at a prep school and part of my job is coaching. I was lucky enough to get a coaching assignment that runs parallel to my athletic interests: I am coaching an instructional/intermediate rock climbing group. So I'm taking the kids to the local rock gyms and bouldering comps so they can get a lot of experience under their belts and be exposed to different terrains and climbers.
So today I went to a bouldering comp at MRE. I don't generally compete in these-- I don't want to compete against the students. But when I see an open route, I sometimes try it out.
Other news: I am looking for a job right now (I have a one year position) and am toying with the idea of making that big move out west. I've been getting into hot yoga over the past few months and have been slowly progressing. I've gone from complete-wobbly to only somewhat-wobbly. Oh, and I can do the crow. tee hee. My job keeps me silly busy otherwise so I don't have much of a life. I hope that changes as I continue to adjust to teaching and my other duties.

No comments:
Post a Comment